[Sca-cooks] cooking for a vigil

Phil Troy / G. Tacitus Adamantius adamantius1 at verizon.net
Mon Dec 13 10:13:42 PST 2010

On Dec 13, 2010, at 12:49 PM, Michael Gunter wrote:

> Or you could get another Peerage and have someone make YOU a vigil buffet....
>
> I just realized that I never got a vigil buffet. My first Peerage was in the dark mists of time
> and they weren't really done in this area. My second Peerage I didn't bother with a vigil.
> I'd been a knight and Count for almost 20 years and really didn't want any fuss made.
> (Enough fuss had been made with 'lanie's surprise amazing "wedding dress" she made me)

I got spiffy clothes, but I don't think I got much in the way of vigil food (if I did, I never got a chance to see it), but things were a little different even a decade (Geez, it'll be 14 years this summer -- less time than I've been on this list) ago.

I just know the response to my request for a poolside luau vigil was met with a stern refusal...

Adamantius

"Most men worry about their own bellies, and other people's souls, when we all ought to worry about our own souls, and other people's bellies."
			-- Rabbi Israel Salanter