[Sca-cooks] I bet no one's thought of this before...

Elaine Koogler kiridono at gmail.com
Thu Dec 23 13:50:20 PST 2010

Due to popular demand, we're doing Digby's Savory Toasted Cheese.  We are
also doing the Stewed Potato recipe from Joseph Cooper's "The Art of Cookery
Refin'd and Augmented (redaction, I have to admit, is by Madge Lorwin
(Dining with William Shakespeare).  We may also be using one of Robert May's
recipes for roast fillet of beef, again from Dining with William
Shakespeare.  Dessert, however, will be Paula Dean's Bread Pudding.  We're
"catering" Christmas dinner for Phillip's family.

Kiri

On Thu, Dec 23, 2010 at 7:01 AM, Claire Clarke <angharad at adam.com.au> wrote:

> I was going to ask what everyone is cooking for Christmas, but I thought
> that was kind of off topic. So I thought I'd ask what period dish you'd
> cook
> for Christmas? Or what you'd cook for a period Christmas?
>
> I can't go past Bourbelier de Sanglier from Le Menagier myself. Although if
> it was a proper period Christmas I suppose you would want a boar's head or
> swan.
>
> Angharad

"It is only with the heart that one can see clearly; what is essential is
invisible to the eye."
--Antoine de Saint-Exupéry, The Little Prince