[Sca-cooks] The difference between a chef's knife and a santoku knife?

Dan Brewer danqualman at gmail.com
Sun Dec 26 14:40:30 PST 2010

The Chef knife is designed to be rocked as you cut.  The santoku is made fo
slicingvery thinsections of vegitables and fish.  The blade should have
release points ground into the blade.  This allows air to get between the
bade and what you are cutting.  As with all f the knives you own do not
clean them in the dishwasher as this destroys the cutting edge.  You can
touch up the edge with a steel of a light touch with a hard sharping stone.

Dan in Auburn