[Sca-cooks] let's get back to business; was; knives

Elaine Koogler kiridono at gmail.com
Thu Dec 30 15:17:39 PST 2010

A couple of weeks back, there was a recipe in the San Francisco Chronicle
for a Slow Roasted Crispy Skinned Pork Roast.  It seems to be a fairly
involved recipe, and takes 14 - 16 hours, but it looked wonderful.  You can
find it if you go to their web site and search for the recipe in the Food
section.  The meat called for is a fresh picnic ham...so it's not your usual
"ham."

Kiri

On Thu, Dec 30, 2010 at 2:57 PM, Chawkswrth <chawkswrth at aol.com> wrote:

> My preference is to use the term 'First Generation' or, Cousins (Dad's side
> of the family, back when this land was still Territory)
>
> As the years roll by, and the Political Correctness takes its cycles,
> things change. One of these days, hopefully, people will stop this eggshell
> walking and really start talking to each other.
>
> In the meantime, can we get back to talking about Food?
>
> I am fixing Black-eyed peas, Collard Greens and candied Sweet Potatos for
> New Year's day. The meat portion of the day is up in the air. We are tired
> of Turkey, and Ham. Any suggestions that won't break the bank?
>
> Thanks!
> Helen
> Deep in the Heart of Alabama

"It is only with the heart that one can see clearly; what is essential is
invisible to the eye."
--Antoine de Saint-Exupéry, The Little Prince