[Sca-cooks] let's get back to business; was; knives

Antonia dama.antonia at gmail.com
Thu Dec 30 16:20:54 PST 2010

On 31/12/2010 12:59 PM, wheezul at canby.com wrote:
> My mother's schnitzel is the meat cutlet (salted/peppered) dipped in
> egg/milk mixture and then breaded in a flour/breadcrumb mixture.  It is
> then fried in clarified butter.  Lemon can be a garnish.  Sometimes we
> pound the meat thin for a higher crust/meat ratio.

That's pretty much how I make a schnitzel, though I often use oil rather
than butter, and I usually season, flour, egg dip, crumb.

I especially like it made from a thick slice of pork tenderloin pounded
thin.  With noodles and green vegetables.

--
Antonia di Benedetto Calvo

Habeo metrum - musicamque,
hominem meam. Expectat alium quid?