[Sca-cooks] cooking for a vigil

Terri Morgan online2much at cox.net
Sun Dec 12 18:59:07 PST 2010

I'm replying very late (got behind on my reading) but at a vigil I cooked
for last February, I made Adamantius' Chawettys for the 'hot' dish and not a
one was left uneaten... and they were just as tasty cold as they had been
hot. Not that we learned that at the vigil, it was during the pre-vigil
taste-testing and the 'cooked too much, opps' where we figured that out.

But still - they are quite inexpensive to make, look *wonderful* on the
buffet board, and transported well frozen and then cooked onsite in a small
frying pan.

My only complaint was in the number of people who showed up saying, "I was
told I need to come taste some sort of meat pie Hrothny is making" who
weren't there for the candidate, but for the food! (Your fault, Adamantius,
they shouldn't have been so yummy.)

So anyway, I recommend the chawettys.

Hrothny