[Sca-cooks] was A necesseary instructional video now Pronunciation

Claire Clarke angharad at adam.com.au
Thu Dec 16 02:43:51 PST 2010

Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2010 06:40:24 +1100
From: Margaret Rendell <m_rendell at optusnet.com.au>
To: Cooks within the SCA <sca-cooks at lists.ansteorra.org>
Subject: Re: [Sca-cooks] A necesseary instructional video

It's spelled 'yiros' more often here, don't know how it's said though - my
vegetarianism is leaving holes in my general knowledge. I gather they're
excellent late at night after one or six beers, though :)

It's generally pronounced 'YEER-os'. Though sometimes the 'i' is a bit
shorter than that implies. It took me ages to work out what they meant on
Seinfeld the first time I heard someone say 'JEI-ro'

Angharad