[Sca-cooks] Kid Friendly

Anne-Marie Rousseau dailleurs at liripipe.com
Thu Feb 4 13:45:42 PST 2010

hey Margeurite, Anne-Marie here :) small world, no? ;)

good for you for looking for period recipes! and good for you for realising that tasty, accessible and period
need not be mutually exclusive :)

dishes that are happily inhaled by picky kids in our camp include:
mac n cheese (penne pasta tossed with cheese and butter)
green salad with a plain vinegrette
honeyed carrots
hard boiled eggs
assorted cookie like objects
rice pudding
roast chicken parts as you say. sauces can range from fruity to mustardy (or both!)
Nourreys pies fit the "meat and cheese" niche
desserts can include apple pies, custard pies, etc

many of these recipes are available in the Feudal Gourmet pamphlet series put out the Madrone Culinary Guild
(I assume you have access to those? if not, let me know and I'll put you in contact with folks who can set you
up :))

if you're going to be at the Midhaven equestrian practice this sunday, feel free to tap me for more info if
you want it :)

--Anne-Marie