[Sca-cooks] OP Drunken Cherries

Elaine Koogler kiridono at gmail.com
Sun Feb 7 13:38:28 PST 2010

You could can them and use them another time when they would be a real treat
rather than...we've had them several different ways in a few days!

I make an applesauce cake that I use various dried fruits soaked in various
types of alcohol...this time it was apple brandy.  My mother used to make
cherry preserves and she used them as one of the fruits in her applesauce
cakes.  So that might be an option!

Kiri

On Sun, Feb 7, 2010 at 4:22 PM, Terry Decker <t.d.decker at att.net> wrote:

> Margaret turned 70 today, but we held her birthday party on Friday so the
> people who were going out of town to an event could make it.
>
> One of the things I prepared was drunken cherries which entails taking
> about a pound of pitted dark, sweet cherries and soaking them overnight in
> two or three tablespoons of Kirschwasser.
>
> I had a fair amount of leftovers, so this morning we had cherry crepes.
> This afternoon, it was drunken cherry oatmeal cookies.  I've still got some
> left.  I could use them on ice cream, but I'd like to know if anyone has a
> better idea.
>
> Bear

"It is only with the heart that one can see clearly; what is essential is
invisible to the eye."
--Antoine de Saint-Exupéry, The Little Prince