[Sca-cooks] Next project, next recipe II.Ambroyno- price/verjuice

Elaine Koogler kiridono at gmail.com
Mon Feb 22 05:35:47 PST 2010

Yup...it's great stuff.  Most of what you find is made with white grapes.
However, in my recent search for a source, I found a verjus made from red
grapes.  I used it to build the marinade I made for the lamb roasts for next
weekend.  Marinade tasted marvelous...a somewhat richer taste than what I
had done in the past with white verjus.

There is a vineyard/winery here in Calvert County that is relatively new and
open to suggestions.  I'm working on convincing them to make verjus and they
are seriously considering the idea!  So I may be able to get it locally!

Kiri

On Sat, Feb 20, 2010 at 11:11 PM, David Walddon <david at vastrepast.com>wrote:

> Also in order to get a good fruit on the grapes you are using for wine you
> should prune a percentage of the grapes half way through the growing
> season.
> Hence a ton of sour grapes! And the perfect product to make from them?
> Agresto!
> Eduardo
> Who prefers to use the Italian rather than the French term.
>

> --
"It is only with the heart that one can see clearly; what is essential is
invisible to the eye."
--Antoine de Saint-Exupéry, The Little Prince