[Sca-cooks] Pomegranate Molasses

Daniel & Elizabeth Phelps dephelps at embarqmail.com
Tue Feb 23 07:43:44 PST 2010

Did some checking, Old Orchard, which I drank until Publix stopped stocking,
gets concentrate from Turkey and the middle east.  Pomwonderful grows their
own in California and presses it themselves.  They do not use foreign
concentrates and are apparently committed to controlling all aspects from
"tree to bottle".  Didn't think about heat treating in the process of making
molasses and how it would change the finished product.  I really should
have.  Publix is locally ordering Old Orchard for me.  Now I'm thinking that
I might switch to Pomwonderful even at the price.  Side note after drinking
8 ounces every evening I find that mixing it with either white rum or gin
improves the taste substantially.

Daniel