[Sca-cooks] Posting Menu- Trimaris Spring Coronation

Terry Decker t.d.decker at att.net
Thu Feb 25 14:35:48 PST 2010

I'm curious, what basis did you use for choosing to fry the taro rather than
boil it?  Both the Vehling and the Flower and Rosenbaum translations of
Apicius state in footnotes that the taro was probably boiled.  In examining
the other recipes in Apicius that call for taro, the ones that connect it
with a specific cooking method call for it to be boiled.

Bear