[Sca-cooks] Looking for references to orange carrots

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Fri Feb 26 22:38:27 PST 2010

I got this inquiry recently about the root-vegetables-msg file in the
Florilegium.

Adamantius, if you can remember what reference you were referring to,
I think this is what John was looking for. But if folks have any more
such references I'm sure they would be appreciated as well.

Urtatim did post "what Nasrallah has to say in the glossary section of
"Annals of the Caliphs' Kitchens": (p. 786)" in a message on April 13,
2008. I had yet to get that into this file and I have both updated
this file (I'll get it online in the next week or so) and I've already
sent a copy of that email on to John.

But if anyone has any more info, please post it here, and/or pass it
on to John. Please remember that he isn't on this list, but his email
is below. Also, I will try to remember to forward anything appropriate
on this list that doesn't get cc'ed to him.

Their site, www.carrotmuseum.co.uk does appear to have a quite
extensive carrot history and other information on carrots that folks
here might be interested in looking at. For those actually in England,
anybody still on this list there?, it might be worth going to it
physically, although I didn't look to see exactly where they are
located.

Stefan