[Sca-cooks] A wedding dinner 1475

Ana Valdés agora158 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 3 14:45:47 PST 2010

It was interesting, I downloaded the pdf file and browsed it short: it is a
description of feasts and weddings in Bavaria and other German kingdoms,
based on different chronicles. As example the wedding of the king Mattias
Corvinus from Hungary with the princess Eleanor of Naples.
Ana

On Wed, Feb 3, 2010 at 11:24 PM, Johnna Holloway <johnnae at mac.com> wrote:

> Looks interesting.
>
>> It turns up as a book Feiern unter den Augen der Chronisten : die
>> Quellentexte zur Landshuter Fürstenhochzeit von 1475
>> Author: Thomas Bauer
>> Publisher:      München : Utz, 2008.
>> Series: Sprach- und Literaturwissenschaften, 26
>> Edition/Format:  Thesis/dissertation : Manuscript : German
>>
>> but it seems to be listed just at Harvard in the US.
>>
>> Material Type: Thesis/dissertation, Manuscript Document Type: Book,
>> Archival Material All Authors / Contributors: Thomas Bauer
>>
>> ISBN: 9783831608003
>>  3831608008
>>         OCLC Number: 254422631
>>         Series Title: Sprach- und Literaturwissenschaften, 26
>> Responsibility: Thomas Bauer.
>>
>> Amazon sells it but doesn't have any subject headings for it. Amazon.de
>> sells it and includes a description.
>>
>> I didn't find a review anyplace. It's mentioned 39 places as a full title
>> which is how I searched it.
>>

>  Let's see what the German speakers say.
>>
>> Johnna
>>
>> On Feb 3, 2010, at 3:40 PM, emilio szabo wrote:  Has anyone seen the book
>> partially exhibited in this file?
>>
>>> http://www.utzverlag.de/buecher/40800les.pdf
>>> As far as I can see there are passages about a wedding dinner in 1475,
>>> recipes for certain items of the dinner and other things.
>>> Just an impression.
>>> E.

http://anavaldes.wordpress.com
http://passagenwerk.wordpress.com
http://caravia.stumbleupon.com
http://www.crusading.se
Gondolgatan 2 l tr
12832 Skarpnäck
Sweden
tel +468-943288
mobil 4670-3213370

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your
eyes turned skyward, for there you have been and there you will always long
to return.
— Leonardo da Vinci