[Sca-cooks] First Recipe from Libro di cucina/ Libro per cuoco, in parts

David Friedman ddfr at daviddfriedman.com
Fri Feb 12 13:14:13 PST 2010

It must have been known in the U.S. in the forties as well, since my
sister, who was born in 1943, suffered from it as an infant. By the
account I heard, bananas were pretty much all she could eat. Due to
wartime price control and related problems, they were not readily
available, so my father spent a lot of time at the docks looking for
people with bananas they were willing to sell him.

>A possible reason for the increase is the FDA and AMA finally
>recognizing celiac disease when Europe has known about it since the
>1940s and earlier. I remember clearly the annoucement being read out
>loud in 2003 that FDA acknowledge celiac disease. This annoucement
>was made at a celiac disease conference in LA!

David Friedman
www.daviddfriedman.com
daviddfriedman.blogspot.com/