[Sca-cooks] Next project, next recipe II.Ambroyno- price/verjuice

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Mon Feb 22 09:42:07 PST 2010

Adamantius said:
<<< Is red wine grape verjuice red or green/yellow? I mean, the "ver"
in "verjuice" does denote green, after all...>>>

I think the "green" in verjuice is referring to "green" as in unripe,
not the color. Similar to "green" cheese.

Although there are other ways to get it, and it has been mentioned
that there are some specific "verjuice" grapes, I'm still of the
opinion that most verjuice, at least to start with, was simply
something useable they could make from the unripe grapes that have to
be removed from the vine during the growing season.

Stefan

--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas          StefanliRous at austin.rr.com