[Sca-cooks] "Bojal" wheat - Wikipedia articles

Suey lordhunt at gmail.com
Sun Jan 3 09:53:17 PST 2010

It seems to me that I have two bones to pick with Wikipedia. When a
friend gave me a panel of copies of the entrance of a Middle Eastern
emperor into Florence as a guest of Lorenzo Medici, the originals being
in the Medici chapel there, I looked up the history of this mural in
Wikipedia. Count Trebi, from Venice, is our neighbor. He is the retired
Chair of the Art History Department at the Catholic University in
Santiago, Chile. I gave him a copy the article. He said there were many
mistakes. I asked him to correct them which as of to date he has not
done. At 80+ he is still lecturing none stop. At that time there was a
space where one could do that in Wikipedia. Now I do not find that window.
I agree with Bear that "common wheat" is to vague. Emmer is more
logical.  Bojal wheat has me upset because the author does not footnote
his statement. I do not where he got that from. Nor do I know who the
author is.
We are going off for a week on summer holiday now with the count and the
countess. I will take a copy of the Medici article with me in hopes of
tying the count down to correct it. When I come back I hope one of you
will be so kind as to have found information for me so I can write to
Wikipedia to correct the Medici article and that somehow we can contact
someone to find out where the "bojal" source comes from and what it means.
Thank you all so much for helping me with this.
Suey