[Sca-cooks] Cassenadt

Phil Troy / G. Tacitus Adamantius adamantius1 at verizon.net
Mon Jan 11 19:23:35 PST 2010

On Jan 11, 2010, at 7:14 PM, Sharon Palmer wrote:

> In my Rumpolt translation, I have come across the word "Cassenadt".  I suspect its a loan word, since its usually spelled with a "C", perhaps Italian.   Does anyone recognize it?  I'm not sure if it's a sauce, a cooking method, a pot, or something else.   Apparently Rumpolt felt no need to explain it.

I think it may be a vessel of some kind. I thought immediately of "in casserole", for example, and did a little digging in that direction and came up with this:

http://www.encyclo.co.uk/define/Cassonade

Maybe some kind of oblong earthenware tub?

Adamantius

"Most men worry about their own bellies, and other people's souls, when we all ought to worry about our own souls, and other people's bellies."
			-- Rabbi Israel Salanter