[Sca-cooks] Epulario 1517

emilio szabo emilio_szabo at yahoo.it
Sun Jan 10 16:02:16 PST 2010

<<

There are significant changes from the 1517 edition to the English
translation. It is not the source material for the translation (at least not
entirely). >>

Just asking: Is this a reason not to work on the 1517 edition of Epulario? The only reason I can think of is that it depends largely on Martino / Platina.

The fact that there were many editions of Epulario throughout the 16th century might well be a reason to make this body of recipes available in this form, whatever the 1598 English translator might have made of it.

Somehow, I remember that there are more links to Epulario versions out there, but I do not remember where they are.

E.