[Sca-cooks] Maestro Martino and grilled cheese sandwiches

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Tue Jan 26 00:26:15 PST 2010

Antonia di Benedetto Calvo mentioned:
<<< Now, as to sandwiches.  There's a good recipe for a grilled-cheese
sandwich in Maestro Martino, if one really wishes to serve sandwiches.

Oh? Interesting. Can someone post the translation of this recipe and/
or their redaction? Other than one other possible sandwich recipe
posted here in the last few years this sounds like the most sandwich-
like.

I'm afraid that I was not up on the years of all the cooks we've
discussed, since they haven't all been period, and had to look Maestro
Martino up. The book listed on Amazon, "The Art of Cooking: The First
Modern Cookery Book (California Studies in Food and Culture)
(Hardcover)" does look interesting and perhaps when my budget permits
I'll buy a copy.

The mention of a "Lenten Caviar Pottage" sounds interesting, although
also unaffordable right now. They also mention "But much of the advice
in chapter six, "How to Cook Eggs in Every Way," remains salient
today." and since I did recently buy a copy of an egg cooking book
which you all mentioned recently when we were talking about eggs, and
I bought a cheap copy, it would be nice to compare the two.

Stefan

--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas          StefanliRous at austin.rr.com