[Sca-cooks] Cassenadt / Reinancken

emilio szabo emilio_szabo at yahoo.it
Thu Mar 18 16:38:45 PDT 2010

<<

I found another book with fish (this time Thymallus thymallus,Grayling ) and cassenad in a recipe!!

Haus- Feld- Arzney- Koch- Kunst und Wunderbuch Von Johann Christoph Thieme 1694
aeschen in erbis-brueh

204 is aeschen in peas broth

205:  ihr moegets auch in Cassenad absieden/ koennets kalt oder warm geben/ wie es euch gefaellet

you may cook it in Cassenad/ you can serve it cold or warm / as you like

http://books.google.at/books?id=PytAAAAAcAAJ&pg=RA5-PA839&lpg=RA5-PA839&dq=cassenad&source=bl&ots=CJbTnZcXpp&sig=RTtvP84xba0bKZvjg-gie97pKxs&hl=de&ei=7XqiS-rrCqWQmwOVz9DwCQ&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=1&ved=0CAYQ6AEwAA#v=onepage&q=cassenad&f=false

again no further reference to cassenad is given

It seems to me that this recipe depends on Rumpolt.

Compare Rumpolt's 1581 edition on folio CXV

The first edition of Thieme's book was published in 1682, it seems. Is this edition online as well?

Many thanks for pointing to this wonderful book.

E.