[Sca-cooks] blood oranges

Elaine Koogler kiridono at gmail.com
Fri Mar 19 04:57:46 PDT 2010

If they can still be juiced, I have used them as part of a marinade for
salmon.  What I do is to make a sauce from the juice using a little white
wine, the juice, maybe a little grated rind (depending on the condition of
the rind), and a little dark brown sugar.  I then slather this over the
salmon, along with crumbled pecans that I've toasted.  It then gets baked.
I take any of the sauce that remains and, if needed, reduce it a bit and
serve it alongside the fish.  comes out really well....

Kiri

On Thu, Mar 18, 2010 at 3:12 PM, Susan Lin <susanrlin at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi.
> I have in my kitchen a half dozen blood oranges.  They've been there for a
> week and starting to get hard.  I don't know what to do with them besides
> juice them and freeze the juice until I figure out something to do with it.
>
> Any suggestions?  Mundane or period.
>
> Thanks
> Shoshanna

"It is only with the heart that one can see clearly; what is essential is
invisible to the eye."
--Antoine de Saint-Exupéry, The Little Prince