[Sca-cooks] Order of ingredients

Antonia dama.antonia at gmail.com
Tue Nov 16 12:02:15 PST 2010

On 17/11/2010 8:36 AM, David Friedman wrote:
>> The one thing I truly hate is when a recipes says something
>> like:  2 cups onions, divided.  It makes me crazy because invariably
>> I dump
>> all 2 cups in without realizing I needed to reserve 1/2 a cup for
>> later in
>> the recipe.  I'd prefer if the recipe calls for 1 1 /2 cups at the
>> beginning
>> and 1/2 cup at the end for the ingredient to be listed twice.  I may be
>> alone in this but it is my preference.
>
> That's the way I'm generally doing it--listing the ingredient twice
> with the relevant quantities. I wasn't entirely sure it was necessary,
> so your comment is useful.

I'll just come in as the dissenting voice in this one.  If a recipe says
2c. milk in one section and 1c. milk in another, I will *invariably*
read the first quantity, check the fridge, and then founder later on
when I realise I need 3c., not 2.

--
Antonia di Benedetto Calvo

Habeo metrum - musicamque,