[Sca-cooks] Order of ingredients

Pixel, Goddess and Queen pixel at hundred-acre-wood.com
Tue Nov 16 12:21:57 PST 2010

> I'll just come in as the dissenting voice in this one.  If a recipe says 2c.
> milk in one section and 1c. milk in another, I will *invariably* read the
> first quantity, check the fridge, and then founder later on when I realise I
> need 3c., not 2.
>
> --
> Antonia di Benedetto Calvo

If I am copying out a recipe to use in the kitchen (cookbooks stay
elsewhere, recipes go on post-it notes and printouts to stick to the
cabinets) then I put something like "3 c milk, divided into 2c and 1c" so
that I immediately know a) how much I'll need, and b) that it doesn't all
go in at the same time. Just putting "3c milk, divided" generally leads to
badness of some variety.

Margaret FitzWilliam