[Sca-cooks] An apple-related question...

Sharon Palmer ranvaig at columbus.rr.com
Sat Oct 30 00:53:06 PDT 2010

>Ranvaig:
><<< You don't like sweet pickles? >>>
>
>That's not the same as "candying".

There is more than one definition of candied, and cooked in sugar is
as valid as covered in sugar.  At least around here they sell
"candied pickles" in the grocery store.  Try googling "candied
pickles".

>As well as cucumbers being different from pickles.

They are the same species, just selected for different qualities.
Salad cukes are ok in sweet pickles, if you pick them young, but a
little soft if you make sour pickles.  Fresh pickles are great to eat
raw, I usually buy them rather than salad cukes, when I can get them.

Ranvaig