[Sca-cooks] cooking for a vigil

Irmgard irmgart at gmail.com
Sat Oct 16 18:11:16 PDT 2010

I find myself tapped to cook for a surprise vigil in late February,
and am VERY exited about the opportunity, but... I'm concerned about a
few of things.

1) Obviously, I will take into account the allergies/likes/dislikes of
the person to be elevated and the immediate family/friend group, but I
really don't want to have to provide ingredients for everything I (or
someone else) make. I also don't want to be completely tied to the
vigil area for the whole day.  Are either really necessary?

2) How should I figure out how many people to plan on feeding? I
really don't want to run out of food, even if we do run out of some
things.

3) I'm seriously short on fundage, and will probably be for the
foreseeable future. What is a good way to get people to donate either
money, ingredients or finished dishes w/o the recipient finding out? I
can't exactly post over the local mailing list, and I'm new enough to
not be sure who I can trust not to spill the beans.. :)

4) How feasible is it to serve a soup/stew? I have access to several
crock pots, and possibly an electric roaster.

help me please?

Many thanks in advance,

~Irmgard