[Sca-cooks] Scotch Eggs

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Mon Sep 6 17:23:04 PDT 2010

<<< The Scotch Ostrich Egg sounds like fun.  I've done Scotch Quail Eggs for
conspicuous consumption in the opposite direction, they were excellent
canapes actually.

Selene >>>

Perhaps it is clear to everyone here, but just in case "Scotch egg" is unclear to anyone, we are talking about hard-boiled eggs covered in sausage-like stuff, perhaps then rolled in breading and fried or baked.  Your yardage and size of egg may differ...

And there appears to little, if any, connection between Scotch Eggs and medieval Scotland. There may or may not be a connection to later period Scotland.

Scotch-Eggs-msg (25K) 7/19/10 Fried sausage-wrapped hard-boiled eggs.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD/Scotch-Eggs-msg.html

Stefan

--------
   Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas          StefanliRous at austin.rr.com