[Sca-cooks] Roman Ketchup?

David Friedman ddfr at daviddfriedman.com
Thu Sep 9 15:21:37 PDT 2010

>http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=da&u=http://www.sagnlandet.dk/&ei=PTeJTKLfLpL0swOFyaisCg&sa=X&oi=translate&ct=result&resnum=1&ved=0CCEQ7gEwAA&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dlejre%2Bfors%25C3%25B8gscenter%26hl%3Den%26safe%3Dactive%26prmd%3Div
>

>While researching on a totally unrelated topic I found this "discussion." I
>thought tomatoes were "New World?"
>
>Aelina the Saami
>

>Duct Tape is like the Force: It has a light side & a dark side
>and it holds the universe together.

I'm not finding a ketchup reference on the page.

Tomatoes are New World. But the original meaning of Ketchup had
nothing to do with tomatoes, and the term is still used, although not
very often, for non-tomato sauces. So perhaps they are referring to
something along those lines?
--
David/Cariadoc
www.daviddfriedman.com