[Sca-cooks] mushroom ketchup

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Fri Sep 10 00:22:43 PDT 2010

Gunthar said:
<<< It's funny but I just made a large batch of homemade ketchup this
weekend. And I have a really good recipe for mushroom ketchup
as well. It's kind of like a mushroomy steak sauce more than what
people consider tomato ketchup. >>>

Lol. One of the things I learned, I believe, from this list years back was that "ketchup" Or with its various other spellings, does not necessarily mean tomato catsup, which is all I knew of previously. I also used to think all pickles were cucumbers. :-)

Gunthar, will you please post your mushroom ketchup recipe? I like most mushroom things and this sounds like it could be good.

Thanks,
  Stefan

--------
   Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas          StefanliRous at austin.rr.com