[Sca-cooks] crepes

Johnna Holloway johnnae at mac.com
Mon Sep 20 07:56:09 PDT 2010

I am editing today under a deadline. I have to make this brief. There
are numerous interpretations of the Menagier recipe. Try a search
under Menagier and crepes and sca to see various Society versions or
go to Google Books and take a look there.

The recipe I quoted from Janet Hinson, trans.
The original source can be found at David Friedman's website

Crepes and the '70's. It was probably a Julia Child/French Chef thing.
They were very popular and crepe skillets were popular gifts. There
was an upside down perfect crepe maker at the time where you dipped a
hot griddle into the batter and that made the crepe. Something like
this one:
  900-watt professional crepe maker style simplifies the cooking of
crepes and blintzes, making it foolproof.

The 7-1/2-inch-diameter cooking surface is coated with nonstick
material and is slightly convex.

Dipping it into crepe batter coats it uniformly.

http://professionalcrepemaker.com/villaware-crepe-maker-v5225-review/

Amazon sells a variety actually. Take  look there.

Johnnae

On Sep 20, 2010, at 2:27 AM, Stefan li Rous asked lots of questions.