[Sca-cooks] Ottoman Elephant Sculpture

Barbara Benson voxeight at gmail.com
Mon Sep 20 11:31:47 PDT 2010

Saluti,

This list was so very helpful during the planning and plotting of the
feast that occurred this past weekend and I wanted to share at least
one little part.

The silliness during Pennsic inspired me to make a substantial
subtlety for the sugar course. I would have preferred to do actual
sugar - but my decision to not seemed to be a good one. The 4 batches
of small sugar jewels I made to decorate my statue all melted with the
95+ degree and 100%+ humidity in our Georgia climate.

Here he is:
http://picasaweb.google.com/113739532829154687841/ReproductionOfA16thCenturyOttomanElephantSugarSculpture?feat=directlink#

Any thoughts or comments are welcome.

Ciao,