[Sca-cooks] Russian and Persian Resources

Johnna Holloway johnnae at mac.com
Wed Sep 29 03:55:18 PDT 2010

Also the full text of the
Russia at the close of the sixteenth century,  By Giles Fletcher, Sir
Jerome Horsey, Jerome Horsey (sir.)
  catalogued as:
Russia at the close of the sixteenth century : comprising, the
treatise "Of the Russe common wealth," by Giles Fletcher : and the
Travels of Sir Jerome Horsey, now for the first time printed entire
from his own manuscript.

London : Printed for the Hakluyt Society, 1856.
  is available. The plain text edition may be easier for people to
work from.

19th century Hakluyt Society publications can be searched in Google
Books fairly easily. Use the Advanced Search feature and enter
Hakluyt Society under publishers. Once the list for 130,000 plus
titles pops up, click on full view in the left column and the list
will shorten to 87,000.
Then you can enter more search parameters to narrow the list to
countries or by time.

Johnna