[Sca-cooks] serving fresh fruit (on behalf of Eduardo)

emilio szabo emilio_szabo at yahoo.it
Wed Sep 8 03:28:00 PDT 2010

Re: [Sca-cooks] serving fresh fruit (in Spain)...
Da: "davidsmc at comcast.net" <davidsmc at comcast.net>...Aggiungi alla Rubrica

I am on the road and not on my home computer so it will not let me answer the
whole list.

Can you please forward?

The must be an edition of De Honesta in Spain from the late 15th or  early 16th
centuries and if so there are MANY examples of when to serve  fresh fruit.

I would check some primary sources besides cookbooks and medical  theory books
before making the assumption that it was not done.

Of course there are lots of WARNINGS about fruit eating but there are lots of
examples of them doing it as well.

Eduardo