[Sca-cooks] Leftovers, questions and discussion [long]

Phil Troy / G. Tacitus Adamantius adamantius1 at verizon.net
Wed Sep 8 09:04:03 PDT 2010

On Sep 8, 2010, at 10:40 AM, Pixel, Goddess and Queen wrote:

> And then there's the famous bit from Hamlet about the wedding feast using the baked meats left from the funeral.

This is an interesting point to bring up in a discussion, partially, at least, on pasties -- the funeral baked meats are probably already in the form of pies, now being served cold the next day, and it was pretty much exactly Shakespeare's time that pies were being used as a means of air-exclusion for meat preservation...

I guess my point is that you may not wanna use Shakespeare's reference to baked meats as a source for leftovers [which could then be made into pies -- they already are, most likely].

Adamantius

"Most men worry about their own bellies, and other people's souls, when we all ought to worry about our own souls, and other people's bellies."
			-- Rabbi Israel Salanter