[Sca-cooks] horsemeat, butchering

yaini0625 at yahoo.com yaini0625 at yahoo.com
Sat Sep 18 09:45:25 PDT 2010

The eating of horse meat was considered mega social taboo in the Christian world during the Middle Ages. It was a point of contention in Viking Age Iceland when they went Christian in 1000 A.D. In the sagas and documents they were discouraged from eating horse meat and performing the traditional infanticide. Chieftain (Jarl) (Th)orgeir was told by the missionaries that the rest of Christian Europe was no longer eating horses and it was taboo.
Source- Under the Cloak A Pagan Ritual Point in the Conversion of Iceland by On Hnefill A(th)alsteinsson
Aelina the Saami
By the way- the Saami hated horses. They were the symbols of the dreaded and feared Odin.

Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T