[Sca-cooks] Pork chops (OOP)

Elaine Koogler kiridono at gmail.com
Wed Sep 8 04:34:23 PDT 2010

You are correct, it's mostly pulled pork.  However, ribs, shoulder roasts
and whole pigs are frequently done as well.  If you haven't seen any of the
BBQ Challenge programs on FoodTV, you should.  Most of those are more from,
say, Tennessee or other parts of the south, but they almost always use pork
as the meat of choice.

I'm not sure what my favorite pork dish is...I make a Crown Roast stuffed
with a Granny Smith apple stuffing that's very good...my grandpa's barbeque
is right up there...and I love Chinese roast pork.

Kiri

On Tue, Sep 7, 2010 at 7:47 PM, Stefan li Rous
<StefanliRous at austin.rr.com>wrote:

> <<< And to be honest, most places in the south use pork for barbeque in
> preference to any other kind of meat.  In fact, my grandfather in southern
> Georgia used pork exclusively.
>
> Kiri >>>
>
> But does this include pork chops or other cuts of pork such as ribs or
> "pulled" pork? Georgia is one of the areas that makes me think specifically
> of "pulled" pork rather than pork chops.
>
> Since pork chops may likely not be period, perhaps I should widen my
> question to "What is your favorite period pork dish?" and Why?
>
> Stefan
>
> --------
>   Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas
> StefanliRous at austin.rr.com

"It is only with the heart that one can see clearly; what is essential is
invisible to the eye."
--Antoine de Saint-Exupéry, The Little Prince