[Sca-cooks] Texas BBQ

Michael Gunter dookgunthar at hotmail.com
Wed Sep 8 09:25:21 PDT 2010

I've been to many "authentic" bbq shacks around this state and, although beef
is King, pork is the Crown Prince. Most of the prized ribs served in bbq shacks
are pork as well as the sausages. Pulled pork is also common.

In fact, the only beef usually served is brisket with ribs sometimes making
an appearance. There are more pork items listed in a bbq joint than beef. It is
just that brisket tends to be eaten the most. Chicken is also common with
turkey a little less so.

I agree that Texas is beef country but we tend to prefer only the brisket bbq'd
and the rest thrown on a grill.

Gunthar