[Sca-cooks] Austin, Texas was persimmons

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Wed Sep 8 14:57:46 PDT 2010

Lol. Luckily the email does get saved on the Mac even when the system shuts down. The backup power lasted just long enough for me to hit "send". What I didn't realize, until then, was that I don't have either of my ethernet switches or my cable modem on back-up power... Maybe later. Some things get easier when you have some income.

The power went out twice for quite some time last night. Never a real hard rain, but it just kept raining steadily for a number of hours. Most low-water crossings are flooded today. My sister-in-law couldn't get out of her subdivision and since she had to stay home, there was no reason for her nanny to come over, who is my wife, so no direct impact but some indirect ones.

Stefan

So are you flooded out in your part of Austin?

Johnna