[Sca-cooks] Rib Roast?

Phil Troy / G. Tacitus Adamantius adamantius1 at verizon.net
Thu Sep 16 10:05:48 PDT 2010

On Sep 16, 2010, at 12:45 PM, wheezul at canby.com wrote:

> Does anyone else think this look like a beef rib roast on page 35 of this
> catalog? (Lovely English Elizabethan costume sources here too.)
>
> http://www.weissgallery.com/catalogue/weiss25years.htm

Looks like a loin of mutton to me. Look at the bone structure; you can see on top the eye or shell portion, then a sort of T-shaped bone, then at the bottom, the tenderloin muscle. It's too big to be a loin of lamb, but it could be a smallish piece of beef loin, or more likely, mutton.

Adamantius

"Most men worry about their own bellies, and other people's souls, when we all ought to worry about our own souls, and other people's bellies."
			-- Rabbi Israel Salanter