[Sca-cooks] apple fritters at Pennsic

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Thu Sep 2 00:13:27 PDT 2010

Euriol said talking about recent Pennsic meals:
<<< In camp one morning I did make apple fritters from a late period Italian source.
Those were made from applesauce that was left over from the previous nights meal
that was also made from fresh apples. I do not know what recipe was used for the
applesauce. >>>

How thin was this applesauce? I keep thinking of apple fritters being made by breading and frying chunks of apples. I guess what I've had was commercial applesauce and the apples have been ground/chopped pretty small and/or a fair amount of liquid added. Was this applesauce thicker/chunkier?

Thinking of making apple fritters using the commercial applesauce, simply makes me think of disaster. But then the one time I tried apple fritters with chunks or apple slices didn't really work that well, either. Most of the coating didn't stay attached to the apples.

Stefan

--------
   Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas          StefanliRous at austin.rr.com