[Sca-cooks] Pork chops (OOP)

Jennifer Carlson talana1 at hotmail.com
Tue Sep 7 12:43:11 PDT 2010

Stefan wrote:
> Now most of these I'm familiar with, but I've never heard of a "pork chop BBQs" before. Perhaps because here in Ansteorra BBQ usually means beef, chicken or something else rather than pork. But even in the southeast, I thought it was other cuts of pork rather than pork chops.

Someone else answered Stefan's question regarding the periodicity of pork chops, but I want to make a clarification about Ansteorran BBQ.  In parts of northern Ansteorra (Oklahoma), as well as East Texas (where my mundane family hails from), BBQ is just as likely to be pork as beef.  East Texans, influenced by the great Tennessee migration of the early-mid 1800s, eat a lot of pork.

At the Tulsa State Fair each year, the Oklahoma Pork Producers host a pork chop BBQ restaurant.  Good stuff!

In servicio,

Talana
Texas born, Oklahoma raised, 100% Ansteorran