[Sca-cooks] amounts of food per person

Kathleen Roberts karobert at unm.edu
Tue Apr 5 07:34:17 PDT 2011

>>> Antonia di B C <dama.antonia at gmail.com> 4/4/2011 7:28 PM >>>
On 5/04/2011 10:45 AM, Kathleen Roberts wrote:
> i always buy thighs when i do chicken.  the ambiance may suffer, but one thigh a piece (in a three meat meal) seems to work pretty well.   at least no major problems yet. ;)

Yer what?  How does a nice chicken thigh interfere with the ambience?

Well, I do like the sight of a whole beastie being paraded around the room.   Of course, carving is it's own issue.   If I do send a whole something to the head table I assign an experienced carver and make sure that beastie is tied down tight.

I was once helping to serve head table, and the good Knight carving the crown roast of pork had... a skidding issue.  fortunately it was just off the plate onto the table, and the roast never hit the floor.   Didn't know his face could get that red.

Cailte