[Sca-cooks] Fish Empanadas

Donna Green donnaegreen at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 7 09:57:08 PDT 2011

Yes, you're right, making it for a feast would be a pain to do two at a time. But, I'm just making them for lunch for my camping group for Coronet this weekend. I think I will experiment (probably not right away) with using wafer batter, empanada dough and bread dough. As I mentioned, I've made both the salmon and tuna emapanadas with bread dough before and it is tasty, which is why I'm adding bread to the experiments with the wafer iron. With bread they are like fish sandwhiches, but you don't need to worry about the insides slipping out, since it is encased in the bread rather than between slices. Anyway, I'll report back on the experiments and let you know how they come out.

Juana Isabella
West