[Sca-cooks] OT:fwd:[Lochac] Spinning on a train in NYC

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Sat Apr 9 19:19:05 PDT 2011

From the Lochac list. I thought it might be of interest here, in part because several of our list members live in the Greater NYC area.

Stefan
-------
<<< An interesting project!

http://vimeo.com/15853937

~ Tig >>>

And a pair of replies:
<<< I do this here on my way to work when I get the train except I don't carry
extras.

My spindle was also how I came to own my spinning wheel.  The CEO at work
saw me spinning at work one lunchtime and asked if I was in the market for a
wheel.  I said yes and he brought this cute wheel in for me to look at.  $60
later I was the proud owner of a Pipi Wendy wheel that required an hour of
work to make it operational.
http://www.nzspinningwheels.info/wendy.jpg
Mine doesn't yet have the block attachment for a scotch tension but I do
have the fixings to make it.

Juliana >>>

From: "Glynnis Hollindale"
<<< Merewyn does nalbinding in the train and has been handing out SCA intro
cards to those who are curious enough to ask what she is doing.

They are mostly women who knit and crotchet and realise that she is doing
something different...>>>

--------
   Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas          StefanliRous at austin.rr.com