[Sca-cooks] An almost final Feast Menu

Chawkswrth chawkswrth at aol.com
Mon Apr 18 16:41:45 PDT 2011

I agree about Course #1, but, They just never considered green Veggies
to be Aphrodisiacs (at least not what I found in my research, anyway)
There is Salat in course #3, though.
But, considering the Humor Theory they used, I may find something
else...trust me, I haven't put my books away just yet.

I am still toying with the Fritters-they may get dropped as a time
concern. With a service for @64, that means frying up about 128+ of
them. Keeping those warm and crisp would be a pain, even if I were to
store them in a Roaster, with paper towels between the layers.

The Chicken is as close as I can get to being similar to the Rabbit.
The Rabbit, before it is encased in Dough, is rubbed down with Good
Spices and wrapped with bacon. The reason for the grilling is because
of space concerns for the oven. Also, I do not want to do Chicken pies,
because then they would be too easily confused with the rabbit.
Plus, people do like to see what they are eating.
but, if I end up not finding Rabbit, then it is possible that there
will be chicken pies, with the Killer Rabbits for the head table faked,
somehow.
See my dilemma?
I want to stay with the theme, ride out the Pun, and create a memorable
moment...but....

The Cake is being done by the Guys in the Shire who want to recreate
the scene from the movie. It is all their idea and a way to get them
involved. I'm just lending them my experience with making Big Cakes ( I
used to cater Weddings and Receptions Sometime Last Century)
The guy that is really heading this up has the potential of being a
great Head Cook. He is having so much fun with this Feast already and
has proven his skill with beverages that are hard to replicate. His
meads are wonderful! Its a pity he won't be able to bring any to the
Event.

Oh-and the Theme of the Event is "Search for the Holy Grail"

Thank you;
Helen