[Sca-cooks] An almost final Feast Menu

Euriol of Lothian euriol at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 18 21:28:30 PDT 2011

Actually, according to a couple of sites that have information on the history of cucumber, it is native to Asia and was known to Romans. I do know there is a recipe from Apicius that has cucumbers in it.

Here is a link to a book that has some interesting facts

http://books.google.com/books?id=5INyROQ9vHoC&pg=PA172&sig=TqnRtWqpo5wOHy7BcZ_ZNs5yKrU&hl=en#v=onepage&q&f=false

Euriol