[Sca-cooks] Pennsic 40 Class Registration

lilinah at earthlink.net lilinah at earthlink.net
Tue Apr 19 09:35:39 PDT 2011

Christianna wrote:
> I have requested an A&S tent on behalf of the Cook's List for Tuesday
> of War Week from 5-7. Hopefully we'll get our space!

I am most likely actually going to make Pennsic this year Yea! ...my second time, first being the ever-wet 2007.

To teach in the Cook's List space, do i have to apply to the Pennsic class organizers? Or is this being organized by someone on this list? I ask because i am not quite sure if i am ready to teach at such a huge and illustrious event. If i did anything, it would be oriented to Ottoman food. Is there hands' on cooking? Or is it mostly lecture and samplings?

On another note, i taught several classes at the lovely AnTir Culinary Symposium this past weekend: 15 & 16 century Ottoman cuisine (mostly the same history but new recipes :-) and late 16 c. Persian pulow (a total experiment - and a delicious one).

I just got off the train in my town about 45 minutes ago, after a 22 hour train ride, and i am sitting in the Peet's Coffee across the train tracks, sucking down some excellent Sumatran.

Urtatim (that's err-tah-TEEM!)
the persona formerly known as Anahita