[Sca-cooks] new title: Goat: Meat, Milk, Cheese

Johnna Holloway johnnae at mac.com
Wed Apr 27 02:55:27 PDT 2011

Back in February, we discussed on the list the problems with finding
sources for goat meat.
(We've also discussed goat cheeses in the past too.)
I came across a new book on the topic yesterday which people may find
interesting.

Bruce Weinstein and Mark Scarbrough.  Goat: Meat, Milk, Cheese

(Stewart, Tabori & Chang; $29.95) It came out this month. Description
reads: "From appearances at the most high-end restaurants to street
food carts coast-to-coast, goat meat and dairy products are being
embraced across the country as the next big thing. With its excellent
flavor, wide-ranging versatility, and numerous health benefits, goat
meat, milk, and cheese are being sought by home cooks. And while goat
is the world’s primary meat (upwards of 70 percent of the red meat
eaten around the world is goat) never before has there been a cookbook
on this topic in the United States. Goat is a no-holds-barred
goatapedia, laugh-out-loud cooking class, cheesemaking workshop, and
dairy-milking expedition all in one."

Amazon is pairing it with another book called Getting Your Goat: The
Gourmet Guide by Patricia A Moore from 2009.

Johnnae