[Sca-cooks] Storm damage ???

James Davis firedrake at earthlink.net
Thu Apr 28 17:24:42 PDT 2011

Here in beautiful Berea, Kentucky, we have a lake where our back yard
used to be, but other than high winds, a lot of rain, and some
glorious thunderstorms, no big problems.  In Lexington, about 30 miles
to our north, there were a couple of tornadoes, but no deaths to the
best of my knowledge.

Most of my family lives down in Birmingham, though, near Lady Helen,
and came very close to damage, but nothing was hurt except a tree
falling from a neighbor's yard into my uncle's yard.  One of the
twisters went OVER one cousin's house, and one of my younger cousins
lives one street over from University Mall in Tuscaloosa, which got
flattened.  Scary stuff all around, and some tragic deaths -- 200 in
Alabama alone yesterday. According to one report, this is the heaviest
April on record for tornadoes.

I understand Meridies has to move its Coronation next weekend, because
the campground it got scheduled for was flattened.

Jared