[Sca-cooks] Mutton (tolerance question - OP)

Terri Morgan online2much at cox.net
Sat Apr 30 16:22:40 PDT 2011

> Very interesting, considering that veal is young cow.
> Do you have any problems with any other animal protein product?
>  How about any vegetable proteins?

Nope! The closest I come is that asparagus makes my throat itch and swell
(I'm allergic to grass). I have a childhood-trauma-induced dislike of
eggplant, but that's just a silliness. But this, this inability to eat what
my husband calls "white meats", this is weird. I can eat beef, venison of
all types, and pig. But not mutton or veal. And having not grown up with
either of those, it can't be s developed intolerance. Instead, it was an
immediate and totally surprising effect upon first trying a bite (at that
Turkish/Greek (?) restaurant that once was on the corner of the Pennsic food
court, in fact; the one with the woman-owner, not the later one with the
guy-owner). There I was, happily eating a gyro, and loving the flavour then
Blam! Total rejection. I thought at first it was just that particular dish
but nothing I've tried since has been a happy choice.

Hrothny